Surface Restoration | Surface Protection | Surface Maintenance
Diamon-Fusion®, a patented nanotechnology, improves and protects the surfaces of glass, tile, porcelain, granite and most silica-based surfaces.
Surfaces treated with Diamon-Fusion® become:
- Highly water repellent (hydrophobic); less water on the surface results in:
- Less frequent cleanings
- A reduction in mold and bacteria
- Stain and graffiti resistant
- Oil repellent (oleophobic)
- Impact/scratch resistant
- Resistant to leaching of calcium and sodium (etching caused by hard water)
- At least 20 percent more brilliance (shine in glass surfaces)
- Capable of displaying DFI's Invisible Art Glass® (clear glass only)
- Environmentally friendly - eliminates chemical cleaners
DFI's technology also offers the capability of field application with mobile equipment that can treat existing surfaces as well as new. DFI's nanotechnology, patented worldwide under the trade name of Diamon-Fusion®, is an award-winning technology which can be easily installed on existing surfaces in homes, businesses and on automobiles or mass-applied during a manufacturing process. DFI's nanochemistry is applicable to most surfaces containing silica (silicon dioxide) such as glass, ceramic tile, porcelain and granite.
The chemical reaction bonds to form an ultra-thin protective layer of optically clear material which, makes the surface significantly easier to clean and more resistant to weathering. This method is done at nano-scale levels, which is a length scale of approximately 1-100 nanometer range (1 nanometer is 1 billionth of a meter). Nanometer dimensions are at the atomic dimension scale.
The bond created in the patented process is a covalent bond. A covalent bond means that the coating shares the electrons with the glass itself, thus becoming a part of the glass. Covalent bonds are approximately 10 times stronger than hydrogen-bridge bonds, which are commonly present in most other water repellent coatings.
DFI - Diamon-Fusion International, Inc.
WORLDWIDE CORPORATE OFFICES | USA
9361 Irvine Blvd.
Irvine, CA 92618
Toll-Free in U.S.: 1.888.344.4DFI(334)
Telephone Main Office: 949.388.8000